College of Health Science Regulations on Specified Majors
Enacted on January 19, 2015
College of Health Science, Academic Affairs Office
- Article 1 (PURPOSE) (50%)
- The purpose of these regulations is to establish guidelines for the specified majors of the School of Biosystem and Biomedical Science and School of Health and Environmental Science under the College of Health Science.
- Article 2 (STUDENT QUOTA)
- The student quota for each specified major shall not be specified.
- Article 3 (NAME)
- The names of the two specified majors under the School of Biosystem and Biomedical Science are “Biomedical Science” and “Bio-food and Nutrition Science.”
- Article 4 (QUALIFICATION)
- The specified majors are offered to students in intensive major and dual major programs and to transfer students (with a diploma from another four-year university) in the School of Biosystem and Biomedical Science and the School of Health and Environment Science.
- Article 5 (ALLOWABLE NUMBER OF APPLICATION FOR SPECIFIED MAJOR)
- Students who meet the qualification stated in Article 4 are eligible to apply for specified majors only once during the application period. For the students who fail to apply within the period, even if they are in the intensive major program, the specified majors shall not be acknowledged.
- Article 6 (APPILCATION PERIOD)
- Students submit applications for specified majors to their respective school at the beginning of their expected graduation semester. Each department shall process the applications.
- Article 7 (REQUIRED NUMBER OF CREDITS)
- To complete the specified major, students must acquire 36 credits or more by taking the courses offered in sub-areas of the specified major.
- Article 8 (APPLICATION FOR MAJOR):
- For the intensive major students who do not apply for specified majors, only their School/Division names shall be stated on their certificate of graduation. Those who have earned a sufficient number of credits for multiple specified majors are not allowed to apply for more than one specified major.
- Article 9 (CERTIFICATE):
- Specified majors are specified in the certificate of graduation and certificate of expected graduation.
- Article 10 (OTHERS):
- Other requirements not stated in these regulations may be established as part of the bylaws of each school.
(DATE OF ENFORCEMENT): These regulations apply to graduates of August 2016 and onward.